How to Attach Your Bucas Leg Straps?
Leg straps are important for ensuring that your horse’s rug stays securely in place, but they can be a bit confusing for some people. Here is some expert advice from Bucas to help you understand leg straps better.
Bucas has recently introduced a new pair of Elastic Loop Leg Straps that are adjustable and available separately for use on all Bucas rugs. These leg straps are made from a combination of nylon and elastic, with an elastic loop on one end and a metal swivel snap hook on the other. They are designed to work with a range of Bucas rugs.
Attaching leg straps correctly is essential for both the safety of your horse and the effectiveness of the rug. Here is the step-by-step process for attaching leg straps to your horse’s rug:
- Take the left leg strap and attach it to the left-hand D-ring by the stitch marks of the cross surcingles.
- Place the leg strap through the horse’s legs and attach it to the left D-ring where the fillet string is tied.
- Take the right leg strap and attach it to the D-ring on the right-hand side at the stitch marks for the cross surcingles.
- Bring the strap through the legs while looping through the left leg strap and then attach it to the right-hand D-ring for the fillet string.
- Make sure there is enough room for your hand to fit between the strap and your horse’s inner thigh. This way of fastening the leg straps will help stabilize the rug while allowing the horse to move freely.
By following these simple steps, you can ensure that your horse’s rug stays securely in place without causing any discomfort or restriction of movement. If you want to stay updated on all things Bucas and get more expert advice, be sure to follow Bucas on Instagram and Facebook!
Happy Rug Day!
The Bucas Team